By: Jennifer Gonzales
Fashion is a form of self-expression. It encourages you to explore, to be creative, and to partake in what is currently trending. However, you must be open to change since fashion constantly changes. When it comes to significant events such as the Met Gala or The Critics’ Awards, the red carpet always has a way of bringing out the most elegant and luxurious styles that fashion has to offer. Aside from dazzling us with the latest shoes, purses, and hairstyles, celebrities have a huge impact on today’s society by shaping how we view most iconic beauty brands.
Gigi Hadid looked absolutely stunning at the Met Gala, flaunting the cat-eye look with others who made similar appearances, such as Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Anne Hathaway, Lizzo, and Doja Cat. Whether it is shimmering eye shadows, metallics, mattes, or neutral shades, each one of these looks is topped off with the perfect eyeliner style.
The Cat-Eye has always been a trending look since the ’50s. This year it will only become more popular since this year’s Met Gala was centered around the Cat-Eye theme in remembrance of the iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld. Along with the Cat-Eye, there are others, such as Winged, Graphic, Floating, and Doe eyeliner, that you should try.
The Winged Liner is very eye-catching. Like a cat eye, the winged liner has a more dramatic appearance, with the liner flickering upward from the outer corner of the eye. How is this different from the cat eye? Even though both looks flicker out at the end of the upper lash line, the winged liner will line up with the bottom lash line and connect with the upper wing.
Depending on the desired look you are trying to achieve, the winged liner can be applied as a more subtle look. Keep in mind that the shape of your eye can alter the look of the liner, but thebasic steps for applying the liner are still the same.
1. Start by lining your lash line.
2. Decide how you want the angle of your wings to look.
3. Then draw a straight line from the outer corner of your eyes and connect the tip back to the lash line to complete the winged liner.
Cat Eyeliner –
Always a classic. The trend of the cat eye never fades. The cat eye look is very flattering andbest fits any occasion. You can modify the cat eye using metallic, glitter, or smokey eye shadow. However, one thing to note when doing the cat eye is to avoid curling up the wing at the end of the eye. It must show a straight line facing out, resembling a cat eye, which is how the look transpired.
1. Draw a line from the outer corner of your eye, facing it upward toward the end of your eyebrow.
2. Then draw a line from the inner corner of the eye to meet with the cat eye. Make sure to apply the liner smoothly and steadily.
The Graphic Eye Liner is meant for the bold and the fearless. The look consists of geographic shapes, colors, and unique liner placement. It is designed for you to have fun and be creative. A simple guideline to achieve this look is to use bold colors, or the color black, and create any look using clean, sharp lines.
1. Start from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner of your eye.
2. Design any look you desire, using thick lines.
3. Touch up the liner so that it looks clean and sharp. Fill the empty spaces with color.
Floating Eyeliner –
The floating eyeliner, which is also known as the invisible eyeliner, is a graphic line that isdrawn along the crease of your eye instead of on the eyelid itself. Another fashionable look forfloating eyeliner is the inner corner crease liner. The look is so versatile that you can create any drastic or subtle looks. You can even play with some color, glitter, or add rhinestones. If you like,you can pair the floating eyeliner with the winged or cat eye.
1. Locate the crease above your eyelid.
2. Draw an arc from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner of your eye.
This look suits most eye shapes, making them appear larger and rounder. It is best if you use neutral color eyeshadows and white liner to add to your waterline so that you can eliminate anyredness. There are many benefits to doe eyes aside from appearing larger and rounder. They also give off an innocent look.
1. Use neutral color eyeshadow and apply it to lids.
2. Apply liner on the upper lash line, making it wider from mid to the end of the outer lash line, stopping where the lash finishes.
3. Add a highlighter to the inner corner of the eyes.
4. Curl lashes and top it off with mascara.